2006-05-11

ZOMG Breaking News!

Writer Brian Lynch (Spider-Man Unlimited #1, Slyde Into Destiny) announces:

In September, IDW is coming out with a new mini series starring everyone's favorite character from ANGEL and BUFFY, Mr. William the Bloody himself, Spike.

Five issues, monthly, full color. Art by the insanely talented Franco Urro.

The writer of this mini-series is best known for writing and directing a movie for Kevin Smith about a decade ago, but who has also dabbled in writing the adventures of a talking blue monkey and the occasional naked dude.

SPIKE: ASYLUM is coming.

He's a funny dude. I'm looking forward to this more than I've ever looked forward to a Buffy-related comic. I didn't mean that to be as backhanded as it came off. I loved his Spider-Man Unlimited story, and I think he'll do a great job with this.

Here, have an interview.